Manage personal devices on the UIndy network
The following is designed to guide users through the process of manually registering and unregistering personal devices on the UIndy network. See Connect to the UIndy wired network for specific wired network directions.
The following devices are not supported on the UIndy network: wireless printers, personal routers, access points, and Google Chromecast. For additional recommendations, please see Get device recommendations for UIndy's WiFi network.
You will need your device's MAC address to manage devices on the UIndy network. For more detailed information about locating your device's MAC address or connecting a streaming device or game console, please refer to the following articles:
- You will automatically be redirected to another page. At the bottom of this page click Register another device.
- Enter in the
MAC addressof the device you wish to register.
- Click the Register button.
- You should see a message stating that the MAC address has been successfully registered.
- Locate the device you wish to unregister. This will be most easily identified by the device's MAC address. Click the Unregister button to the right of the device's information.
- You will be asked to confirm that you would like to unregister the device. Click the Unregister button.
- The device is now unregistered.