Connect to your Departmental Share
In order to connect to your Departmental Share when not on the UIndy Network you will need VPN access. Navigate to the following article to Download and install the UIndy VPN software for more information.
A Departmental Share (Files) are departmental files on a campus server to which you have been approved for access by your supervisor.
1. Navigate to your Windows "File Explorer".
- Right click on This PC.
- Click on Map network drive...
- Choose and select any Drive letter.
\\files.uindy.edu\name of departmental sharein the "Folder" field.
- Check the box next to Connect using different credentials.
- Click the Finish button.
A Windows Security message will appear.
uindy-ad\your UIndy usernamein the "Username" field.
your UIndy passwordin the "password" field.
- Check the box next to Remember my credentials.
- Click on the OK button.
After connecting you will be able to access your department share off campus.
- On the Mac desktop click Go on the menu bar.
- Click Connect to Server...
- Click the radio button next to Registered User.
UIndy usernameand your
UIndy passwordin their respective fields.
- Click on the Connect button.
You are now connected to your departmental share and will see your share name as the drive name.
Though Departmental Shares are available we recommend the use of Google Shared Drives for nearly all of your document storage needs. Google Shared Drives has better security options, more flexible file sharing, individual backup file restoration, and is less expensive to support. See Get started with Shared Drives for more details.