Connect to the UIndy VPN with Duo
Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) has long been considered a best practice protecting an organization’s digital assets. UIndy has partnered with Duo Security to provide MFA for our VPN PowerUsers.
If you have not already done so, please make sure you have done the following first:
- On your computer, open Cisco AnyConnect to connect to the VPN.
- The VPN: Ready to connect box will appear. Make sure
vpn.uindy.eduis in the text box.
- Click the Connect button.
- A new box will appear asking you to select a group. From the drop down menu, select UIndyUsers_MFA, unless you have specifically been instructed to select a different group from UIndyIT staff.
- You will be prompted to the UIndy login page. Log in with
your UIndy usernameand
- Cisco AnyConnect Login will ask you to choose an authentication method. We recommend you click on the Send Me a Push button.
- On your mobile phone you will receive a Duo Verify your identity request notification.
- After you have unlocked your phone, you will be able to Approve or Deny the Duo Login Request. Push the green Approve button on your mobile phone.
You are now connected to the VPN.
If you're adding a new device to replace one that you previously activated for Duo Push, don't select the Duo Push authentication method (as stated in Step #6 above) unless you still have the original device. If you don't have the original device, but you have a new device with the same phone number, then you can authenticate with a phone call or SMS passcode. See Duo's instructions for adding a new device.
If you no longer have access to your original device, submit an IT Help Desk ticket for help.