Improve WiFi at home
There could be several reasons why your WiFi speed has decreased. You can always contact your internet provider for more suggestions.
Things that can affect your home WiFi network performance:
- Your router needs a reboot.
- Interference from objects in your home - keep your router away from thick walls, appliances, wireless electronics and water sources.
- Your devices are too far away from your router - best to be in same room as router.
- Data hungry applications hogging WiFi speed - video chatting and gaming on multiple devices can slow your network connectivity.
- Minimize the number of windows/tabs you have open on your device.
- Restart your device.
- Restart your router.
- Try another time of day/night when internet bandwidth might be more available and reliable.
- Temporarily turn WiFi access off on other devices using the same network.
- Go to another location to see if their WiFi is better.
- Use a wired connection - Ethernet cable connected to your router.
In addition to the above suggestions, if you are having trouble staying connected to a live video conference:
- Turn off video and continue using audio only
Test your current speed
To understand how your bandwidth is working please navigate to speedtest.net to test your current speed. The results can be used as a benchmark. To sustain video, you need at least 5 Mbps.