Bypass "your connection is not fully secure" warning in Google Chrome for UIndy Self-Service
The Chrome browser has recently added a warning message when users access websites using a specific type of security certificate. This has caused some UIndy clients to receive a "your connection is not fully secure" error message when trying to access UIndy Self-Service with Chrome.
If you see the error message when trying to access UIndy Self-Service:
- Click the Advanced button.
- More text will appear, click on the Proceed to cassb.uindy.edu link.
If selecting the advanced feature does does not work, please follow the steps below:
- Open up a new tab in Google Chrome.
- In the URL bar enter
chrome://flags/. This will take you to a new page labeled "Experiments".
- In the search bar enter
- The last two drop down options need to say Disabled. So "Show security warnings for sites using legacy TLS versions" and "Enforce deprecation of legacy TLS versions" will both be disabled.
After selecting Disabled a message at the bottom of your screen will say, "Your changes will take effect the next time you relaunch Google Chrome."
- Click the Relaunch button.
Try accessing UIndy Self-Service through My UIndy again. If your issue persists, please contact the IT Help Desk.