Create a Zoom account
Zoom is an online meeting and synchronous learning platform providing video and web conferencing services.
Depending on your online meeting needs, you may find that Google Hangouts Meet is simpler to use. Review the Compare Google Hangouts Meet and Zoom document to compare each tool's primary features.
Get started with Zoom
You do not need a Zoom account to join a Zoom meeting. You just need access to the meeting URL.
Students who require a Zoom license to host and/or record Zoom meetings for instructional purposes, should follow the instructions below for Faculty/Staff to create a Pro Zoom account.
- Navigate to http://uindy.zoom.us.
- Click the Sign-In button.
- On the bottom of the next screen, select the Sign Up Free link.
- Enter your
UIndy email address.
- Click the Sign Up button.
A message will appear saying an email as been sent to your UIndy email.
- Check your UIndy email account for a message from Zoom. See image below for a similar message.
- Click Join the Account button.
A new browser tab will open up for you to set up your Zoom account.
Set up your Zoom account
- Set up your account by entering your
passwordin the relevant fields.
- Click the Continue button.
Do not reuse your UIndy password when setting up your Zoom account.
Inviting others to use Zoom is the next step you're presented with, but you can skip that step (if you choose).
- Next, you will see the Start your test meeting page. Click Start Meeting Now.
- A new browser tab will open up. Click the Open Zoom Meetings button.
- A new window will appear. Choose an audio option:
— Phone Call. Then click Done.
— Computer Audio. Then you can Test Computer Mic & Speakers and/or Join Audio Conference by Computer.
Your Zoom meeting has successfully begun!