Support for personal computers/mobile devices
The IT Help Desk will provide the support necessary on your personal device (e.g. laptop, smartphone, tablet) to ensure connectivity to the University's network, providing the issue is not hardware-related.
Due to liability concerns, the IT Help Desk cannot provide support on personal devices other than what is outlined below. Under no circumstances will personal computing equipment be left at the IT Help Desk for any length of time.
If the issue can’t be resolved in a 15 minute walk-in appointment, the client will be given the option to schedule a 30 minute appointment with a Help Desk Technician.
IT Help Desk can assist with
- Virus/malware removal on computers - providing instructions for downloading and installing free software.
- Network connectivity.
- Installation of software on computers (client purchased) to the extent that the IT Help Desk will talk the client through installation process; client will be doing the “hands-on” work.
- Access to UIndy systems.
- Set-up for mobile device is limited to:
- Google Workspace (Gmail, Drive, Calendar).
- WiFi connectivity.
- UIndy Mobile App.
IT Help Desk cannot assist with
- Operating System issues or error messages indicating “Windows failed to start”.
- Hardware failure.
- Computer will not boot.