Reset your UIndy account password
If you need to reset your password, have forgotten your password, or it has expired, you can reset it yourself. You will need a mobile phone number or a non-UIndy email address in your account profile.
- Navigate to accounts.uindy.edu.
- Click the Reset your Password button.
Verify your identity and request a PIN
- Enter your
UIndy User Name, in the "User Name" field.
- Check the box next to By selecting the checkbox you agree to receive text messages on your mobile device or emails to your alternate email address.
- Click the Submit button.
- Review the Systems & Network Usage Policy.
- Click the Accept button.
Select where you want the PIN to be sent
- Select one of the options listed to receive a PIN.
- Click the Send PIN button.
- Next, you will receive a pop-up message that your PIN has been sent.
- Click the Close button.
Validate your PIN: Enter the PIN that you received
the PIN you receivedin the "PIN" field.
- Click the Validate button.
Create and confirm your new password
See University of Indianapolis Password Policy for more details regarding password creation, storage, and change frequency details.
- Enter your
new UIndy passwordin the "New Password" and "Re-type Password" fields. (You must follow the password rules listed in the white box to the right)
- Click the Reset Password button.
As your new password is saving a message box will appear with the status of the newly created password. Once your new password is saved successfully, you will be directed to your Profile page.
- Log out of the the user account management system by selecting the power icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Log in to Brightspace to make sure your new password is working properly.
You will receive an email from [email protected] regarding a UIndy Password Reset Notice.
If you are unable to use the Reset Your Password tool, our full-time IT Help Desk staff members will be able to assist you Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Outside of those hours, please submit an IT Help Desk ticket to [email protected], and a full-time staff member will contact you to assist during the next business day.
- If visiting IT Help Desk in person, you must provide your UIndy ID card for assistance with changing your password.
- If calling, you will be asked to verify personal information and answer at least two of your four account security questions prior to any password changes.
REMEMBER: NEVER INCLUDE YOUR PASSWORD IN AN EMAIL OR IT HELP DESK TICKET.