Get started with Google Chat
Google Chat is an online messaging tool providing a means to converse in real time. Start a message with one or more coworkers, create a room for ongoing conversations with groups of people, and use bots to help automate your work.
Chat works in your computer browser and in mobile apps for Android and iOS. Chat keeps all your messages in sync no matter which devices you use, even if you switch between them. The following links are available to deepen your understanding of what is offered by Google Chat.
- Install the Chat standalone app
- Use Google Chat in Gmail
- Start a video meeting from Chat
- Add or remove people from a video call
- Chat and classic Hangouts interoperability
- About rooms and group messages
- Make a phone call from Google Chat
- Turn dark mode on or off
- Use Google Chat with accessibility features
For additional information navigate to the Google Help Center.