Mass email options with UIndy Gmail
A message sent to more than 100 addresses is considered mass email. For those areas with a need to communicate or market to larger groups of people, there are two options available: an email list powered by Google Groups or a paid service with Delivra.
A UIndy Google Groups list is appropriate if most of the following criteria are met:
- You need to reach moderate numbers of people, with a mix of UIndy and non-UIndy addresses.
- Discussion via email amongst the recipients will be needed or desired; one-way only communication is also available.
- The content primarily contains text and basic HTML formatting (e.g. bold, italics, font size changes).
Delivra is appropriate if most of the following criteria are met:
- You need to reach very large numbers of people, primarily with non-UIndy addresses.
- Communication will be one-way only (i.e. email discussion will not be needed).
- Clickthrough and receipt rate reporting will be required.
- Extensive HTML formatting capabilities will be needed.
- Mail merge capabilities will be needed.
If your needs more closely align with a UIndy Google Group list or if you are unsure which solution you need, please open an IT Help Desk ticket or call (317) 788-3318.
If your needs most closely align with the use of Delivra, please contact Communications & Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that individual departments are responsible for the costs involved with using the Delivra service. Generally, each message costs between one and two cents per recipient.